- Family name, First name: Papic, Zlatko
- ResearcherID: K-6714-2013
- Languages: Serbian, English, French, Russian
- Google Scholar
School of Physics and Astronomy
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Room: 3.16C Bragg Building
- 10/2019-: Associate Professor, School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
- 03/2015-09/2019: Lecturer, School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
- 2013 - 2015: Postdoctoral Fellow, Perimeter Institute and Institute for Quantum Computing, Waterloo, Canada
- 2010 - 2013: Postdoctoral Research Scholar, Princeton University, Princeton, USA (with prof. Duncan Haldane and prof. Ravin Bhatt)
- 2009 - 2010: Research Associate, Institute of Physics, Belgrade, Serbia
- 2007-2010: PhD in Theoretical Physics at Universite Paris Sud, France and University of Belgrade, Serbia (jointly awarded)
Thesis: Fractional Quantum Hall Effect in Multicomponent Systems
Supervisors: Dr. Mark Goerbig, Prof. Milica Milovanovic, and Dr. Nicolas Regnault
- 2000-2007: Undergraduate studies in Theoretical Physics (Bachelor and Masters Degree) at University of Belgrade, Serbia
I am a condensed matter theorist working on topological phases, graphene, fractional quantum Hall effect, quantum information concepts such as entanglement and matrix-product states/tensor networks used to describe condensed matter systems, nonequilibrium quantum dynamics of interacting disordered systems, etc.
- Weak ergodicity breaking, many-body scars, and superdiffusive energy transport in the PXP model, Quantum Matter Seminar, 2022
- Introduction to many-body localisation, Workshop on "Localization in Quantum Systems" at King's College London, June 2017
- Quantum Integrability from the Entanglement Spectrum, "Synthetic Quantum Matter" program at Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics, Santa Barbara. December 2016
- Entanglement spectrum and emergent integrability in quantum many-body systems, Perimeter Institute, August 2016.
- Geometry and anisotropy in the fractional quantum Hall effect, Banff International Research Station, August 2016.
- Developer of an open-source C++ DiagHam project, Python, Mathematica, Fortran
- My research is supported by the EPSRC.
Referee for Science, Nature Communications, Physical Review X, Physical Review Letters, Physical Review B, Annals of Physics, New Journal of Physics, Foundations of Physics, Royal Society Proceedings A, Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment, Entropy